Our all-time favorite Fish Tacos recipe! Those are loaded with fresh and sparkling elements and flawlessly seasoned fish. Don’t bypass the first-rate fish taco sauce — a garlic-lime cream that you may want on all of your tacos!
Best Fish Taco Sauce Ingredients:
For the fish taco sauce, all you need is mayonnaise, sour cream, sriracha , garlic powder, and lime juice. The sriracha gives it a touch kick of spice so that you can add extra or less based on your preference. This taco sauce is basically a lime cream — the best combo of acidity and warmth.
How to Make Fish Tacos:
1. Line a big baking sheet with parchment or silicone liner. In a small dish, stir together seasonings: half tsp cumin, half of tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp salt, and 1/four tsp black pepper and flippantly sprinkle the seasoning blend over both facets of tilapia.2. Gently drizzle fish with olive oil and top each piece with a dot of butter. Baked at 375˚F for 20-25 min. If you want it to get a touch browned around the rims, you could broil for 3-5 mins at the end if favored.
3. Combine all the Taco sauce ingredients: 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup Mayo, 2 Tbsp lime juice (from 1 medium lime), 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp Sriracha sauce, or to taste in a medium bowl or a large measuring cup and whisk together until well blended. It’s really fun and feels like dining out to serve the sauce in a squeeze bottle like this one.
4. To serve the tacos, toast quickly toast the corn tortillas on a large dry skillet or griddle over medium/high heat.5. To assemble: start with the fish then add remaining ingredients finishing off with a generous sprinkle of cotija cheese and finally that awesome taco sauce! Serve with a fresh lime wedge to squeeze extra lime juice over tacos.
Mmmm so much sauce! I’m so crazy about this taco sauce. Seriously the best!
Prep Time : 30 minutes Cook Time : 25 minutes Total Time : 55 minutes
Calories : 172 kcal Servings : 24 tacos
Ingredients Fish Taco Ingredients:
- 24 small white corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 lb tilapia
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
Fish Taco Toppings:
- 1/2 small purple cabbage
- 2 medium avocado sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes diced (optional)
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro longer stems removed
- 4 oz 1 cup Cotija cheese, grated
- 1 lime cut into 8 wedges to serve
Fish Taco Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup Mayo
- 2 Tbsp lime juice from 1 medium lime
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce or to tasteIngredients
- Line large baking sheet with parchment or silicone liner. In a small dish, combine seasonings: 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper and evenly sprinkle seasoning mix over both sides of tilapia.
- Lightly drizzle fish with olive oil and dot each piece with butter. Bake at 375 for 20-25 min. To brown edges, broil for 3-5 minutes at the end if desired.
- Combine all Taco sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended.
- To serve the tacos, toast quickly toast the corn tortillas on a large dry skillet or griddle over medium/high heat.
- To assemble: start with pieces of fish then add remaining ingredients finishing with a generous sprinkle of cotija cheese and finally that awesome taco sauce! Serve with a fresh lime wedge to squeeze over tacos.
Don’ Forget to Save The Pin!
recipe source : natashaskitchen.com