This is one of our favorite and easy Mexican dishes.
You prepare it the night before and then bake away the next day.
Mexican Chicken Hotdish – The Truax Family
1. 3 lbs. cooked chicken (4-5 chicken breasts)
2. 1 medium onion, chopped and sauted
3. 1 medium bag of tortilla chips, crushed (we use up old chips this way!)
4. Mix together:
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (or, make your own)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (or, make your own)
- 4 oz. can of chopped green chilies
- 8 oz. green chili salsa (you can use regular salsa)
- 16 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded (you can use 8 oz)
Place the casserole into the fridge, covered. Refrigerate over night.
The next day, and bake, covered (use a cookie sheet – save the foil!) at 325 for 1 hour.
Uncover the dish and sprinkle the reserved cheese over the top.
Continue baking for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Serve warm, and enjoy!
This recipe is linked to:
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday