I love coconut milk. What I don’t love is that I never end up using a whole can. I always store the leftovers in the fridge with the intention of doing something with them. That something never happens. Ever. Not. even. once. #epicfail Then I came across this awesome article about freezing coconut milk. Sheer genius I tell ya!
I thought about making a smoothie with the coconut milk ice cubes but with summertime in full swing I thought a fun and fruity piña colada would be a nice summer treat. My whole family enjoyed these and they were so easy to make. Yea for coconut milk ice cubes!
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 8-10 coconut milk ice cubes
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tsp honey or brown rice syrup (optional)
- pineapple wedges, optional garnish
- Place the pineapple chunks, coconut milk ice cubes, banana and pineapple juice in a blender and process until smooth.
- Taste test the mixture and if needed add in honey for sweetness and pulse once or twice to combine.
- Pour into 2 large drink glasses and serve with garnish if desired.