Sometimes I wish computers came with a scratch and sniff button so that you could smell how wonderful this salad is. It’s tangy and so delicious! All the components work so well together and every bite is just bursting with flavor. This salad is great for lunch or dinner and perfect for potlucks and get togethers.
- 1 can (15 ounces) no salt added chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 3/4 cup organic edamame (frozen works well, simply thaw beforehand) *see notes
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup organic dried cranberries (make sure you check the label as dried fruit is often sweetened with sugars)
- 2 tbsp sunflower, olive oil or Garlic Gold Oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl mix together oil, vinegar, sea salt, garlic, cumin, Italian seasoning, rosemary and black pepper. Stir the dressing well and set aside.
- Place the ingredients in a bowl and toss with the dressing
- In a large bowl mix together chickpeas, edamame, peppers, carrots and cranberries. Toss with dressing and stir to evenly coat.
- Refrigerate salad for 1 hour before serving to let flavors set in.